SCLC-GKC RESPONDS TO PLEAS FOR HELP, ORGANIZES
TOWN HALL FOR
JACKSON COUNTY ASSESSMENT CONCERNS
Goals of the Town Hall:
1. Protect our constituents from any risks of home loss, homelessness, displacement
2. Offer assistance on site to those needing help filing an appeal of their assessments (bring your tax information)
3. Hear from County Official Gail McCann Beatty as she addresses concerns of residents and corrects what her office is calling misinformation and bad data which has been disseminated by other parties
4. Evaluate information presented that claims racial and geographical targeting of browner and poorer communities
5. Demand the County's Board of Equalization extend appeal deadline to give residents more time to file appeal
Monday, July 29th, 9AM - CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE - Jackson County Courthouse (north side)
Guadalupe Centers will be partnering up with Hispanic Economic Development Corporation(HEDC) and Westside Housing Organization to provide assistance to Jackson county residents in filing the Board of Equalization appeal, all sessions will be at our main location at 1015 Avenida Cesar E. Chavez KCMO (schedule below). Please contact Salvador Lopez at 816-651-6564 or Ximena Pecina at 816-703-7182 if you have any questions or would like to volunteer.
There are 3 possible steps for you to take action to appeal your property assessment. Visit the Jackson County Website and learn more by clicking HERE.
In the NEWS
Southern Christian Leadership Conference
of Greater Kansas City
1101 Euclid Ave.,
Kansas City, MO 64127
Rev. Dr. Vernon Percy Howard, Jr.